The history of Vignobles Bardet begins on the banks of the Dordogne River in 1704. Mr. Seigneriau is a river boatman transported barrels of wine to the port in Saint-Brice de Vignonet, where he sold them. The port became an important trading station in the wine business. Then the Seigneriau family acquired some vines. In the same period, the expansion of the railway network brought an end to river transport of goods, enabling the descendants of the Seigneriau family to focus exclusively on cultivating their vines.
In the 1920’s, Mr. Seigneriau’s granddaughter, Mathilde Roy, married Henri-Gabriel Bardet, who founded Château du Val d’Or, a Saint-Emilion Grand Cru.
In 1962, their son, Roger Bardet, founded Château Pontet-Fumet, also a Saint-Émilion Grand Cru.
In 2008, Philippe Bardet, the son of Roger Bardet, became the owner of Château Franc le Maine, another Saint-Émilion Grand Cru.
In turn, Philippe Bardet handed this legacy down to his children, Paul-Arthur and Thibault Bardet.
In 2013, they acquired Château du Paradis, a Saint-Émilion Grand Cru
by Paul-Arthur and Thibault Bardet